The library now has Brainfuse – on demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning for all ages and levels.
Brainfuse is one of the nation’s leading online tutoring providers for libraries and schools. Users get real-time tutoring from instructors through the Brainfuse online classroom.
Students work with live tutors using an interactive whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy & paste text or images and graph homework problems. Use HelpNow for homework help, skills building and test prep.
The Writing Lab and the 24/7 Center
Users get the freedom to get help any time of the day without connecting with a live tutor. Users can submit papers through the Writing Lab for feedback. The 24/7 Center is for non-writing assignments like math or science.
Job-seekers can get live online help, powerful tools, and other resources.
Live Interview Coaching
Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches. Job coaches and users chat live chat through the online classroom. Also get 24/7 access to interview tips and career resources.
Submit your resume and a job coach will send it back within 24 hours with detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement. You can also download resume templates or browse resources for making better resumes.
24/7 access to carefully chosen job resources. Brainfuse job coaches help users strategically target jobs best suited to their interests and qualifications.
Adult Learning Center
Get basic career-enhancing skills. ALC offers test preparation (including the GED and the USCIS citizenship test) and an academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
Support for your community’s veterans and their families. VetNow offers help navigating the VA, academic tutoring, and help with employment transition.
Live Online Navigators
VetNow Navigators are trained to help veterans and families connect with valuable benefits and resources.
- Answer questions related to beneﬁts eligibility
- Show community resources for housing, healthcare, and education beneﬁts
- Help you find accredited claims agents
VetNow Job Tools
Designed to help with all stages of the job hunting, the VetNow Job Tools feature career coaching, expert resume assistance, live interview preparation, and more. With the Job Tools you can:
- Discover your best career ﬁt based on education, experience, and personality
- Search for a job with nationwide and local resources
- Get templates for the most common resume types
- Get resume and cover letter help from trained experts
- Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches
Users build academic skills and prepare for college with VetNow’s array of tools:
- Talk with live tutors in a wide range of college level subjects
- Live skills tutoring and a large library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, TEAS, HESI, GRE, GMAT and more
- Expert analysis of writing, with constructive comments
- 24/7 help with academic questions
- Live help for language learners
- Make and share ﬂashcards, tests, and educational games
Get Started with Brainfuse
We’re getting the word out about FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit. Having a broadband connection is a must have for households to get access to jobs, healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Enrollment starts May 12.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The benefit offers:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet bought through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Can Apply
A household is eligible if someone in the household meets one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Had a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
3 Ways to Apply
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. See Providers in Oklahoma: Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers in Oklahoma
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Questions and Answers about the Broadband Benefit
Do I get the Funds Each Month?
No, the participating broadband provider will get the funds directly from the EBB program.
Which Providers are Participating?
Broadband providers choose whether or not to participate. See a list of Providers in Oklahoma.
Will I Be Automatically Billed at Higher Rates if the Program Ends?
No. Households will need to opt-in to keep their service once the EBB program ends.
See more questions and answers: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
Get Tax Help
File a free federal and state return if your income in 2020 was $72,000 or less. Or, you may have questions as you’re using the OLT free filing service.
Certified Tax Coaches Can Help
Contact by Email:
Available to take questions:
Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 to 7:00
Get a response within 24 hours, working days.
First: Validate Your Identity
To e-file your 2020 tax return, you must verify your identity with your Adjusted Gross Income from your 2019 tax return.
Next: Make an account in OLT OnLine Taxes
OLT OnLine Taxes is the IRS approved free file tax filing service.
- Easy Q&A guidance to fill out the 1040 form
- No age restrictions
- e-file service for federal and Oklahoma returns
- Form 1040NR (non-resident)
- View and print tax returns
More on Taxes, Filing & Tracking Returns
You May Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit
You may have extra money waiting for you with the Earned Income Tax Credit. The EITC is a benefit for working people with low to moderate income.
If you qualify, you could pay less federal tax or even get money back. The EITC is a boost to help pay your bills or save for a rainy day.
The Go Getters in 4-H interviewed members of the military in our community for their stories.
This was part of Oklahoma Honors Campaigns to recognize and learn about our military members, their lives and times serving.
We are so proud of our veterans and our kids!
See Their Stories
116 North Maple Street, Newkirk, OK 74647.
Monday – Thursday 10 to 6
Friday 10 to 5
Saturday 1 to 4